8086 Microprocessors Seminar PPT with pdf report
8086 Microprocessors Seminar and PPT with pdf report:The 8086 microprocessor is a developed version of 8085 microprocessor and it was advanced by the Intel in the year of 1976 and it is 16-bit microprocessors with a 40 pin DIP. This page contains 8086 Microprocessors Seminar PPT with PDF Report.
8086 Microprocessors Seminar and PPT with PDF Report
Operation Modes of 8086 Microprocessors:
There are two operation modes of operations in the 8086 microprocessors and they are as follows:
- Maximum mode and
- Minimum mode
- Maximum mode: The maximum mode is a multiprocessor system.
- Minimum mode: The minimum mode is a single processor system.
Features of 8086 Microprocessors:
- The Intel 8086 microprocessor is the foremost microprocessor introduced in the year of 1978 by the Intel Company and it is a 40 pin IC chip.
- It uses 20 line address bus and 16 line data bus.
- The 16 bit lower order address bus lines are multiplexed with complete 16-bit data lines. The next four higher order address lines are multiplexed with the status lines.
The internal architecture of 8086 Microprocessors:
The internal architecture of the 8086 microprocessors is divided into two independent functional units and they are as follows:
- Bus interface unit
- Execution unit
- Bus interface unit: The bus interface unit is responsible for the transfer of instructions, information, and address to the execution unit through the system bus. The bus interface unit exchanges the information with the device outside the microprocessor and fetches the instructions from the memory. The bus interface unit consists of three functional parts and they are as below:
- Instruction pointer (IP)
- Segment register
- Instruction queue
- Instruction pointer: The abbreviation of the instruction pointer is the IP and it is a 16-bit register that keeps the address of the memory location of the coming instruction to be executed.
- Segment register: The memory space 1MB of 8086 is segmented into four blocks and each block is specified by a register with the maximum size of 64 KB. The four segment registers are as follows:
- Code segment (CS)
- Data segment register (DS)
- Stack segment (SS)
- Extra segment (ES)
These registers are used to store a 16-bit data and the starting address of the four memory segments always begin at a memory location with OH as the least significance and for example, it is like 1234OH.
- Instruction queue: The bus interface unit performs its operations in parallel with the execution unit. The bus interface unit fetches the instruction byte while execution unit is executing the operation; the pre fetched instruction is saved in a group of a high-speed register and is known as the instruction queue.
- Execution unit: The execution unit performs four kinds of operations and they are as follows:
- Fetch operation
- Decode operation
- Execute operation and
- Write operation
Receiving the instructions from the instruction queue of bus interface unit is the fetch operation. The decode operation is the decoding of the fetched instruction, the processing operation on the data is called the execute operation. The storing of the complete result at the destination is called write operation.
The functional parts of the execution unit are as follows:
- General purpose registers (GPRS)
- Pointer and indexed register
- Arithmetic logic unit (ALU)
- Flag register
- Timing and control unit
- General purpose registers (GPRS): The 8086 microprocessor consists of four general purpose 16-bit registers and they are AX, BX, CX, and DX. The 16-bit registers can also be used as the 8bit registers and they are AH, AL, BH, BL, CH, CL, DH and DL.
- Pointer and indexed registers: The 8086 microprocessor has two pointers and two indexed registers. They are as follows:
- Stag pointer
- Base pointer
- Source index and
- Destination index
- Arithmetic logic unit (ALU): The arithmetic logic unit is a 16 bit ALU and it performs the logical and arithmetic operations of 8 bit and as well as the 16 bit.
- Flag register: The 8086 microprocessor consists of 16-bit flag register among this 16-bit trap we use the 9 flags and the remaining 6 flags are unused. Among the nine flags, we divided into two categories and they are as follows:
- Status flags and
- Control flags
The six status flags are as follows:
- Carry flag
- Auxiliary carry
- Zero flag
- Sign flag
- Parity flag
The three control flags are as follows:
- Interrupt flag
- Direction flag and
- Timing and control unit: The control unit of the execution unit directs all the internal operations and also responsible for the generation of the control signals.
Types of Microprocessors:
The different types of the microprocessors are as follows:
- Complex instruction set microprocessor
- Reduced instruction set microprocessor
- Super scale processors
- The application specific integrated circuit
- Digital signal multiprocessors
Content of the Seminar and pdf report for 8086 Microprocessor
- Features of 8086
- Types of Microprocessors
- The internal architecture of 8086 Microprocessor
Here we are giving you 8086 Microprocessors Seminar and PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about 8086 Microprocessors Seminar and PPT with pdf report. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.