Tidal Energy Seminar and PPT with pdf report
Tidal Energy Seminar and PPT with pdf report: Before going to the topic of tidal energy, let us know about the basic parameters of tidal energy like about the tides. Tides are nothing but the waves and these are produced due to the gravitational force of moon and in few cases due to the gravitational force of the sun. Every wave or tide contains a rise in wave and fall in the wave, the rise of a wave is known as high tide and the fall in a wave is known as low tide.
Tidal Energy Seminar and PPT with pdf report
This rise and fall happens twice a day and results in the movement of water, these highs and lows are so powerful that in few cases these cause the sinking of the ships. So, tidal energy is caused by the rotation and revolution of the earth, it is a huge source of energy and because of this, it is hazardous to the coastal regions. To protect the coastal areas and utilize the tidal energy, tidal dams are built close to the sea shores and during the high tides, the water flows in the tidal dams and during the low tides the water flows out which causes the turning of the turbines.
History of the Tidal Energy:
The general conception of the tidal energy started in the 9th century in Europe, the tidal power building was first built in Ohalo, Portugal in the year if 1280.
How does it work?
The tidal energy is produced due to the variations in the sea level i.e. the movement of a wave from the high level to the low level and from the low level to the high level. The tidal energy is produced and used for the following purposes:
- Tidal turbines
- Tidal Barrages
- Tidal Lagoons
- Tidal turbines: The tidal turbines avail the same applied science as the wind turbines, these are underwater windmills. The water currents of the tidal energy turn the turbines and these turbines produce the energy.
- Tidal barrages: These tidal barrages are same as the dams and the range between a high tide and low tide should be more than five meters for the working conditions of the barrage. The incoming and outgoing of the tides helps in producing the electricity.
- Tidal lagoons: The tidal lagoons are same as the tidal barrages, they are very low in cost and also they have a very low impact on the environment.
The applications of tidal energy are in wide range and they are as follows:
- The tidal energy aids to accelerate the orbital motion of the moon around the earth.
- Due to the tidal energy, the period of rotation of the earth will be will be equal to the orbital period of the moon.
- The use of tidal energy reduces the tidal currents.
Generation of Tidal Energy:
The energy can be pulled from the tides in two ways and they are in a kinetic way and in a potential way. The avail of the change in height of the tides is the potential way of pulling the energy from the tides and the avail of the flowing water is the kinetic way of pulling the energy from the tides. The change in tidal power output varies as the cube of speed, for example, if the flowing of the water is twice as fast as before then the power generated due to it will be eight times the initial power. The tidal turbines do not generate more power like the windmills because the water is 800 times denser than the air. The most common applied science of tidal energy is of three types and they are:
- In-stream devices
- Barrages and
Advantages of Tidal Energy:
The advantages of the tidal energy are as follows:
- The resources of the tidal energy do not exhaust.
- It is an environmentally friendly resource.
- Tidal energy does not generate the greenhouse gasses.
- The tidal energy can be produced in large quantity as 75% of the earth is covered with the water.
- The high tides and low tides follow in a circular way and due to this, their prediction becomes easy.
- The tidal energy has good efficiency than the coal energy, solar energy, and wind energy.
- The implementation cost of tidal energy is high but possesses low maintenance cost.
Disadvantages of Tidal Energy:
The disadvantages of the tidal energy are as follows:
- The building of tidal power plant consumes a large amount of money.
- The sea waves possess unpredictable intensity.
- The tidal power influences the aquatic life.
- Many technological developments are required for its commercial availability.
Uses of Tidal Energy:
The tidal energy is used in the following forms:
- Tidal electricity
- Grain mills
- Energy storage
- Furnish protection to the coastal areas from high storms
Thus, with all the above parameters and features we can say that the tidal energy has a very bright future with the wide range of applications.
Is tidal energy a promising prospect?
It is a clean and renewable source of energy that doesn’t create any sort of pollution. Moreover, it takes very little space when compared with traditional energy systems. Tidal energy can be the future if installed in the correct manner. There is an abundance of sources that can work for providing energy to even the whole country using the tidal energy technique.
Content of the Seminar and pdf report for Tidal Energy
- What is Tidal Energy?
- How does it works
- Environmental Effect
Here we are giving you Tidal Energy Seminar and PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Tidal Energy Seminar and PPT with pdf report. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.https://studymafia.org/tidal-energy-seminar-and-ppt-with-pdf-report/CSE SeminarsTidal Energy Seminar and PPT with pdf report: Before going to the topic of tidal energy, let us know about the basic parameters of tidal energy like about the tides. Tides are nothing but the waves and these are produced due to the gravitational force of moon and in...Sumit ThakurSumit Thakursumitsssrt@gmail.comAdministratorI am an Indian Blogger. I am passionate about blogging. If you want to ask me anything about blogging then feel free to ask 🙂Study Mafia: Latest Seminars Topics PPT with PDF Report 2023