Lathe Machine Seminar PPT with pdf report
Lathe Machine Seminar and PPT with pdf report: The lathe is one of the most vital device tools in the industry of metal working and a lathe functions on the principle of a rotating workpiece and a fixed cutting instrument. The cutting instrument is feed into the workpiece which rotates about its own axis and with its help we can make the workpiece in a required shape that we need or want. By performing the different operations like cutting, knurling and boring, deformation, facing, sanding and turning. Now, coming to the lathe device it is called as “the father/mother of the total tool family.” We have given here Lathe Machine Seminar and PPT with pdf report.
Lathe Machine Seminar PPT with pdf report
History of Lathe Machine:
The lathe device is very much used in the metal functional industry and it is the ancient and most vital device tools. In the year of 1956, the wood lathes were in avail in France and during the industrial revolution in England the lathe device was adapted for metal cutting and it is also known as “engine lathe” because the foremost type of lathe was driven by a steam engine.
Uses of the Lathe Machine:
The uses of the lathe machine are as follows:
- Wood lathing
- Metal lathing
- Acrylic lathing
- Wood lathing: The wood lathing is the most ancient style of using a lathe in the woodworking and the lathe can be used to shape the raw wooden posts into the railing supports and table legs. There is a peril related with the choosing of wood material and so to avoid the peril or danger we need to choose the wood that is of good quality.
- Metal lathing: The metal lathing is a key element of the industrial revolution because a lathe is required for making the common screws, a fastener without which the other applied sciences may not exist.
- Acrylic lathing: The acrylic lathing is used in shaping the awards and trophies. Many times a piece of clear acrylic which is roughed are polished to make a typical or traditional trophy.
Operations of Lathe Machine:
The operations of the lathe machine are as below:
- Plane turning
- Step turning
- Facing: the facing operation is necessary for all the works and with the aid of a cross side the facing instrument is fed from the center of the workpiece towards the outer surface or else from the outer surface towards the center.
- Plane turning: The plane turning is an operation that removes the extra the extra amount of material from the surface of a cylindrical workpiece. In this type of operation, we do the work either in the chuck or between the centers, the longitudinal feed is furnished to the tool by hand or by the power.
- Step turning: the step turning is an operation which is similar to the operation of plain turning and it is an operation of generating different steps of various diameters in the workpiece.
- Drilling: The drilling is an operation of creating a hole in the workpiece with the aid of a drill. In the drilling operation, the drill machine is normally fed into the workpiece which rotates by rotating the hand wheel of the tail stock.
- Reaming: The reaming operation in which the finishing is done to the drilled holes. In this work of reaming, the reamer is held in the tailstock and it is fed into the holes just like the way we did in the drilling.
Components of Lathe Machine:
The components of the lathe machine are as below:
- The headstock component
- The tail stock unit
- Cutting tools (gauge and chisel), finishing tools and spear
- Carriage components
- Spindle mechanism
- The headstock component: The headstock component houses the motor that rotates the wood and the wood piece stays in a steady place even though the spindle spins due to chuck or due to the high tension spring.
- The tail stock unit: A lathe device is a centered technique that is attached to the piece of wood and that is contained in the place of a tail stock. In the rotating machine or live centers, bearings allow the movement.
- Cutting and finishing tools and spear: Depending on the type of project we are doing, we can use the cutting tools, finishing tools and spear. For example, the use of gauge tool is in removing the extra material.
- Carriage components: The cutting instrument of a lathe is steadied by the carriage like giving the independence to the craftsman in doing his work.
- Spindle mechanism: The threaded, tapered and cam-lock are the three configurations that are mainly concerned with the spindle mechanism.
Types of Lathe Machines:
The various types of lathe machines are as follows:
- Engine lathe
- Turret lathe
- Tracer lathe
- Conventional/programmable lathe
- Computerized numerically controlled lathe
Advantages of Lathe Machine:
The lathe machine is very beneficial due to the following features:
- The accuracy
- Speed and
- The cost effectiveness
Content of the Seminar and pdf report for Lathe Machine
- Operations of Lathe Machine
- Parts of the Lathe
- Lathe Bed
- Quick-Change Gearbox
- Special Types of Lathes
Here we are giving you Lathe Machine Seminar and PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Lathe Machine Seminar and PPT with pdf report. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.https://studymafia.org/lathe-machine-seminar-ppt-with-pdf-report/MechanicalLathe Machine Seminar and PPT with pdf report: The lathe is one of the most vital device tools in the industry of metal working and a lathe functions on the principle of a rotating workpiece and a fixed cutting instrument. The cutting instrument is feed into the workpiece which...Sumit ThakurSumit Thakursumitsssrt@gmail.comAdministratorI am an Indian Blogger. I am passionate about blogging. If you want to ask me anything about blogging then feel free to ask 🙂Study Mafia: Latest Seminars Topics PPT with PDF Report 2021