Geothermal Energy Seminar and PPT with pdf report
Geothermal Energy Seminar and PPT with pdf report: The word geothermal is derived from the Greek word geo which means earth and the word thermal and the world thermal which means heat. The geothermal energy is nothing but the heat from the earth and we can avail this to heat the buildings, generate electricity and much more. Geothermal energy is a renewable source of energy because the heat is continuously generating inside the earth.
This energy is the purest form of heat energy as it is stored in rocks and fluids. From this, we can say that geothermal energy is the energy generated from the earth. This energy is clean and at the same time renewable source which furnishes the energy to the countries like the United States and much more across the world. It has the applications in agriculture, space heating and in power production, at the same time, it is very cheap and almost costless.
Also See: Jet Engine PPT and PDF Report
Geothermal Energy Seminar and PPT with PDF Report
Energy within the earth:
The earth has three layers within it namely core, mantle, and crust. The geothermal energy is produced in the earth’s core which is 4000 miles below the surface which we live. In the core, the radioactive particles slowly decay in all the rocks that are present in the core and due to it the temperature increases. The inner layer of the earth is called core, the core itself has two layers called solid iron core and magma i.e. an outer layer of the core. Next, to the core, mantle layer is present and the outermost layers are called as a crust, rock and water are heated in the crust up to 370 degrees Celsius.
Since from the third century, the hot springs were in use and the foremost hot spring was built in Qin dynasty. The ancient known spa was a stone pool that was built at China’s Lisan Mountain. In 1892, America’s foremost heating system was powered by geothermal energy. In the 20th century there was a huge demand for electricity and this made the geothermal as a producing source of electricity.
Types of geothermal energy:
The geothermal energy was classified into three types and they are as follows:
- Liquid dominant plant
- Thermal energy
- Enhanced geothermal
- Liquid dominant plant: Liquid dominant plants or reservoirs have the temperature of about 200 degrees Celsius and these are found close to the young volcanoes surrounding the pacific ocean, also found in rift areas and hot spots. Flash plants are used as a common way to produce electricity from the liquid dominant reservoirs. These reservoirs do not require pumps and steam is isolated through the cyclone separators, the liquid stays in the reservoir for using again. In southern California, there is an area called Salton Sea field which gives the power of generating 200MWe.
- Thermal Energy: The lower temperature sources generate the energy equal to 100MBBL for a year. Some sources with temperatures of 30-150 degrees Celsius are availed by not converting to electricity as greenhouses, fisheries and for the purpose of industrial heating and bathing in nearly 75 countries. As of 2004, nearly 270 petajoules of geothermal heating were utilized. The heat for all these purposes can also be taken from the co-production at a geothermal electric plant. Water can be directly piped into radiators from the natural hot spring or greasers.
- Enhanced geothermal: The systems like enhanced geothermal system transfer the water into the wells to get heated and again they are pumped back out. The water is transferred under enormous pressure to increase rock fissures, also makes the water to flow freely both in and out. To increase the size of reservoir directional drilling can be used.
Uses of geothermal energy:
The three main uses of the geothermal energy are as follows:
- The direct use and district heating system which avail hot water from springs or plants near the surface.
- The electricity generation is a power plant which needs the water and steam at high temperature.
- The geothermal heat pumps avail water temperature near the surface of the earth to manage the building temperatures above the ground.
Advantages of geothermal energy:
- The geothermal energy is a renewable source of energy.
- It is a non-polluting and environment-friendly generating source of energy.
- It does not contain any wastage of by-products.
- The energy produced by geothermal energy can be availed directly.
- The cost to maintain or look after the geothermal plants is very low.
- At the same time, these plants do not occupy the large area.
- It is not dependent on the weather conditions like other renewable sources.
Disadvantages of geothermal energy:
- Only a few areas have the power of geothermal energy.
- The areas where geothermal energy is generated are very far away from the markets.
- The total amount of power produced by these plants is very low.
- It has the danger of the eruption of the volcano at any time.
- The total energy generated might sometimes justify the capital or does not justify the capital of producing it.
- It also releases few dangerous and hazardous gasses.
The future of geothermal energy is very massive and it depends upon the supply, demand, and utility of geothermal energy.
Content of the Seminar and pdf report for Geothermal Energy
- What is Geothermal Energy
- Uses of Geothermal Energy
- Future of Geothermal Energy
Here we are giving you Geothermal Energy Seminar and PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Geothermal Energy Seminar and PPT with pdf report. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.https://studymafia.org/geothermal-energy-seminar-and-ppt-with-pdf-report/MechanicalGeothermal Energy Seminar and PPT with pdf report: The word geothermal is derived from the Greek word geo which means earth and the word thermal and the world thermal which means heat. The geothermal energy is nothing but the heat from the earth and we can avail this to...Sumit ThakurSumit Thakursumitsssrt@gmail.comAdministratorI am an Indian Blogger. I am passionate about blogging. If you want to ask me anything about blogging then feel free to ask 🙂Study Mafia: Latest Seminars Topics PPT with PDF Report 2022