Carbon Nanotubes PPT Seminar with pdf report
Carbon Nanotubes PPT Seminar with pdf report: Over the past many decades there has been a sudden growth in the field of research and advancement related to the nanomaterials. Among all the nanomaterials, a material by name carbon nanotubes has led the way in terms of its captivating structure and also its ability to furnish specific applications ranging from the electronics to the energy. Due to the different structure of carbon nanotubes, they are considered as the matter in one dimension.
Carbon Nanotubes PPT Seminar with pdf report
In simple words the carbon nanotubes have the hexagonal cells lattice rolled onto itself with the diameters in the order of nanometers and length in the order of several micrometers. There are two different types of carbon nanotubes that exist by depending on the graphene sheet of the tubes that whether it is made by using many graphene sheets or a single graphene sheet.
What are Carbon Nanotubes?
The carbon nanotubes are fullerene-related structures that have the graphene cylinders closed at either end and with the caps having the pentagonal rings.
Also See: Heat Pipes PPT
History of the Carbon Nanotubes:
In the year of 1952, L.V. Radushkevich and V.M. Lukyanovich published about 50 nm MWCNT in a Soviet journal of physical chemistry but the discovery had the impact of cold war, after this, some work was done on it and that was before 1991 but doesn’t give much fame. In the year of 1991-1992 Iijima discovers MWCNT and in the year of 1993, Bethune and Iijima independently worked on the discovery of SWCNT.
Applications of the Carbon Nanotubes PPT:
At present, the carbon nanotubes have the wide range of applications in various products and the researchers are working in to explore the modern applications and also the creative applications. The present applications of the carbon nanotubes are as follows:
- Bicycle components
- Wind turbines
- Flat panel displays
- Scanning probe microscopes
- Sensing machines
- Marine paints
- The sports equipment like bats of baseball, hockey sticks, archery arrows and surf boards etc.
- Electrical circuitry
- Batteries with long lifetime
Also See: Heat Exchanger PPT
Uses of the Carbon Nanotubes:
The future or the coming uses of the carbon nanotubes include the following:
- Semiconductor materials
- Space elevators
- Solar panels
- In the treatment of cancer
- Energy storage
- Submicroscopic test tubes
The structure of the Carbon Nanotubes:
The carbon nanotubes are like the folded version of the two-dimensional graphite sheets, the various types of carbon nanotubes are made by depending on the dimension of the graphite sheet and type of folding of the graphite sheet. The sidewalls of the carbon nanotubes have the hexagonal carbon rings, the end caps of the nanotubes are made of pentagons of fullerenes and hexagons of fullerenes. The helicity vector and angle of helicity define the way to roll the graphite sheet, one-third of the carbon nanotubes exhibit the metallic nature and the remaining have the semiconducting nature.
Also See: CNC Machines PPT
Synthetic methods of the Carbon Nanotubes:
The various synthetic methods of carbon nanotubes are as follows:
- Laser vaporization
- Chemical vaporization deposition (CVD)
- Optimization chemical vapor deposition
In the optimization chemical vapor deposition the expensive and complex process that are required to occur before and after the synthesis step are:
- Water assisted super growth by CVD
- Catalytic pyrolysis
The other synthetic methods include the following:
- Diffusion flame synthesis
- Electrolysis of graphite
- Ball milling and annealing of graphite
- Heat treatment of polyesters
- Hydrothermal treatment of polyethylene
- Explosive decomposition of picric acid
Purification of Carbon Nanotubes:
The common purification methods of the carbon nanotubes are as follows:
- Acid reflux
Advantages of Carbon Nanotubes:
The advantages of the carbon nanotubes are as follows:
- The carbon nanotubes are tiny and lightweight and they are the best replacement for the metallic wires.
- The resources needed to generate carbon nanotubes are plenty and can be made by a little amount of material.
- The carbon nanotubes are resistant to the changes in temperature; their function remains same in both the cold and hot temperatures.
- As a new applied science, the investors are piling into the R&D companies and this will increase the economy.
Disadvantages of Carbon Nanotubes:
The disadvantages of the carbon nanotubes are as follows:
- After doing all the required researchers, the scientists still are unable to understand the working procedure on the carbon nanotubes.
- Due to the tiny size, it is difficult to work with the carbon nanotubes.
- At present, the process of generating carbon nanotubes is very costly.
- Implementing this new applied science will be very costly.
The carbon nanotubes are the next step in reducing the size of electronic circuits by replacing the silicon transistors and diodes.
Also See: AutoCAD PPT
Content of the Seminar and pdf report for Carbon Nanotube
- What are Carbon Nanotubes ?
- Synthetic Methods
Here we are giving you Carbon Nanotubes Seminar and PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Carbon Nanotubes PPT Seminar with pdf report. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.