UNIX Operating System Seminar PPT with pdf report
UNIX Operating System Seminar Presentation and PPT with pdf report: The UNIX operating system is a huge collection of instructions that are usually coded in C and which changes the computer into a usable device. It furnishes the facilities like:
- The management of the resources of hardware
- The directory and the file system
- It provides loading and suspension of the programs
- It provides execution
UNIX Operating System Seminar PPT Presentation with pdf report
The Unix is officially owned by the manufacturers as UNIX and in the year of 1969, it was developed by the group of AT&T employees at the Bell laboratories another than the employees of the AT&T the people included in the development were Ken Thompson, Joe Ossanna and Dennis Ritchie, Douglas Mellory and Brian Kernighan. The UNIX operating system is a multi-tasking and also a multi-user computer operating system.
It was initially developed in the assembly language but later in the year of 1973, the total operating system was recorded in C; among all the different forms of UNIX, the greatly used operating system is the Linux that is used to power the desktops, integrated machines like routers and e-books, data centers.
History of UNIX Operating System:
In the 1970s, Brian Kernigham did the project called Unics as the play on Multiplexed Information and Computer Service which is abbreviated as Multics. Unics finally supplied multiple users and it was renamed as the UNIX. In the year of 1980s, the group of AT&T licensed the UNIX system III, and launched the initial version in the year of 1982, for the purpose of commercial avail. In 2000, the SCO sold the total UNIX business including assets to the Caldera systems that later transformed its name to the SCO Group.
Commands of the UNIX Operating System:
There are four types of the UNIX commands and they are as follows:
- Directory commands
- File manipulation
- Display commands
- Process commands
- Directory commands: The directory commands are as below
- Cd – It change the working directory
- Find – It helps to find a file by name or by other characteristics
- Mkdir – It make a directory
- Rmdir – It remove a directory
- File manipulation: The commands of file manipulation are as below
- Commandscat – It concatenates and displays a file
- Cp – It copy a file
- Grep – It search a file for a specific text string
- Mv – It move or rename a file
- Rm – It remove a file
- Display commands: The display commands are as below
- Date – It print the date and time
- Is – It list the contents of a directory
- Pwd – It display the working directory pathname
- Tail – It display the end of a file
- Process commands: The process commands are as below
- Exit – It terminate a process
- Kill – It terminates or sends a signal to a process
- passwd – It create or change a password
- ps – It display the status of a process
- telnet – It connect to a remote system using the Telnet protocol
Pathnames of UNIX Operating System:
A pathname in a UNIX operating system is a connected series of directory names which are separated by /’s and that recognizes the location of a directory. There are two types of pathnames and they are as follows:
- Absolute pathnames
- Relative pathnames
- Absolute Pathnames: The absolute pathnames are the connected series of directory names between the top of the tree and also the directory of interest.
- Examples of the absolute pathname are as follows:
- Relative Pathnames: The relative pathnames are the connected series of directory names down the directory where you are present to the directory of interest.
- If you are interested in the directory expj1:
Expj1 if you are interested in S292901
S292901/expj1 if you are in user
Memory management of the UNIX Operating System:
The memory management policies of the UNIX operating system are as follows:
- Swapping and
- Demand paging
The swapping is simple to implement and the demand paging has more flexibility.
Applications of UNIX Operating System:
The applications of the UNIX operating system are as follows:
- UNIX operating system has the storage consultancy
- It has the backup and recovery consulting
- It has the middleware and database administration.
What are the benefits of a UNIX Operating System?
Have a look at the potential advantages of a UNIX Operating system below:
- This system is equipped with a virtual memory that makes things efficient.
- Highly portable in nature when compared with other systems.
- Give great assistance during the development of the product.
- Designed with an incredible united file system.
- Give accessibility to both control and security to the users.
Also See: Wibree Seminar PPT with pdf report
Content of the Seminar and pdf report for UNIX Operating System
- Real Time Operating System
- Embedded Software Development Tools
- Future Trends
Here we are giving you UNIX Operating System Seminar and PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about UNIX Operating System Seminar and PPT with pdf report. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.https://studymafia.org/unix-operating-system-seminar-ppt-with-pdf-report/CSE SeminarsUNIX Operating System Seminar Presentation and PPT with pdf report: The UNIX operating system is a huge collection of instructions that are usually coded in C and which changes the computer into a usable device. It furnishes the facilities like:The management of the resources of hardware The directory...Sumit ThakurSumit Thakursumitsssrt@gmail.comAdministratorI am an Indian Blogger. I am passionate about blogging. If you want to ask me anything about blogging then feel free to ask 🙂StudyMafia