AppleTalk Seminar PPT with pdf report
AppleTalk Seminar and PPT with pdf report: AppleTalk is network operating system created to connect the Apple computer machines and its equipment is built on Macintosh operating systems. There are two important versions of AppleTalk depending on the number of years in the past the network was implemented and they are phase1 and phase2, the phase2 is the present installation as of 2002.
It has a bus network topology and generally STP cabling is used in it and it is possible to avail UTP or fiber optic cabling depending on the cost problems or performance problems. The Apple share is used file and print that is sharing the set of rules on the AppleTalk networks.
AppleTalk Seminar PPT with pdf report
Rules of engagement of AppleTalk:
The AppleTalk networks make avail of an addressing scheme in each computer when it comes online and the rules of engagement are as follows:
- It searches for a saved address which is used in a previous session.
- If anyone is not available then it selects an address by chance from the available addresses.
- After this, it broadcast the address to make sure that no other device is availing it.
- If that address is used by other devices then it looks for another address.
- If the address is not used by any other device then it saves the address to use for the next time when it comes online.
The AppleTalk is created for the tiny networks and luckily, these tiny networks can be combined together.
Components of the AppleTalk network:
In the AppleTalk network, there are four basic or vital components and they are as follows:
- Sockets: A socket in an AppleTalk is a special addressable location in the node of an AppleTalk. A socket is a logical end where the above layer of the AppleTalk collection of programs processes and the network layer DDP i.e. the Datagram Delivery Protocol interact. The node of an AppleTalk can have 254 distinct socket numbers.
- Nodes: The node is of an AppleTalk is a machine which is connected to the network of an AppleTalk; this machine might be a device that is a Macintosh computer, a router or some other similar machine.
- Networks: The networks have a single logical cable and also many attached nodes and the networks are of two types and they are as follows:
- Non – extended networks
- Extended networks
- Non- extended networks: The non-extended network is a physical network part and it is appointed with a single network number that ranges from 1 to 1024.
- Extended networks: The extended networks are also called as cable range and it is also a part of the physical network which is appointed with multiple network numbers.
- Zones: The zone of an AppleTalk is a logical group of nodes which is defined at the time of configuring the network by the network administrator.
Implications of the end of AppleTalk routing:
The legacy of operating systems and machines that one and only supports the AppleTalk need to be replaced and if they are not replaced then they at least required to be kept on RTI network. Until the two legacy AppleTalk machines are in the similar network segment, AppleTalk exchange of data between them will work. The people browsing for AppleTalk resources cannot see the zones like “GEM Bldg zone” or the “JE Booth Bldg zone”, the machines that are in the range of people’s own AppleTalk field will not work as the multiple network segments frequently come together into a single zone.
Security of AppleTalk:
AppleTalk like many another network set of rules does not furnish any provisions for the security of the network and the design or model of the AppleTalk set of rules architecture needs the security parameters to be implemented at high standards of application.
Also See: Biochips Seminar and PPT with PDF Report
Advantages of AppleTalk:
The advantages of AppleTalk are as follows:
- Apple automatically adds the AppleTalk in the Macintosh operating system.
- It is simple to implement and configure.
- Setting up a tiny workgroup is simple and affordable.
Disadvantages of AppleTalk:
The disadvantages of AppleTalk re as follows:
- AppleTalk is not suitable for very large networks as it is designed for the tiny networks.
- It is very slow when compared to other LAN links at 230.4 Kbps.
It is unsuitable for bandwidth intensive usages.
Why did AppleTalk get discontinued?
The demand for AppleTalk reduces to a pretty greater extent with the advent of new technologies. Furthermore, most of the customer turns to modern technologies having a rich set of features due to which company discontinued the AppleTalk. That’s why you won’t see AppleTalk in any future release by the Apple company.
Content of the Seminar and pdf report for AppleTalk PPT Presentation
- Rules of Engagement
- Network Components
- Implications of the end of AppleTalk Routing
Here we are giving you AppleTalk Seminar and PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about AppleTalk Seminar and PPT with pdf report. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.