Types of Pollution PPT | PowerPoint Presentation | PDF
Types of Pollution PPT | PowerPoint Presentation | PDF: Distinct types of pollution are classified depending on the affected part of an environment. Each and every type of pollution has its own consequences and its own causes. Study of pollution aids in understanding basics of pollution and also helps to generate set of rules for each and every type of pollution.
Also See: General Topics For Presentation (Ppt)
Types of Pollution PPT | PowerPoint Presentation | PDF
Well, important types of pollution are explained in the below diagram:
Fig1: Types of Pollution
From the name itself, we can understand that water pollution is a type of pollution which involves contamination of many water bodies. Many creatures which live in these water bodies are totally dependent on these water bodies.
Causes of water pollution: causes of water pollution are mentioned below:
- Industrial waste which is dumped into water bodies and this dumped waste cause a chemical imbalance. This chemical imbalance results in the death of aquatic animals.
- The nearby streams and groundwater systems get the insecticides, pesticides, and ripening chemicals which are used on plants.
- Eutrophication is also a cause of water pollution and eutrophication is nothing but entering of detergent in lakes and rivers. This happens because of washing clothes near rivers and lakes. Eutrophication prevents sunlight to enter inside the rivers and lakes; this prevention of sunlight decreases the value of oxygen in the water. Thus, results in an inhabitable environment.
- Damage to huge oil rigs and oil tankers which are present in oceans causes oil spills. This damage may be by either natural disaster or by human mistakes. Longtime damage is caused by oil spills because they also don’t allow sunlight to enter into water as oil is lighter than water and it floats on water.
- Few natural disasters like hurricanes and flash floods result in intermixing of harmful substances and water on land.
Also See: Non Technical Topics with PPT and PDF
Pollutants of air present in atmosphere are called as air pollution. Respiration is a vital life process which needs air. If we breathe the air which has pollutants then it will have bad effects on our health. Air is comprised of below gases:
Fig2: Content of Gases Present in Air
Disruptions are caused when the above content of gases are disturbed.
Causes of air pollution: causes of air pollution are mentioned below:
- Burning of rubber, wood, and discarded plastic release gases called carcinogenic gases into atmosphere.
- Few industries release gases like sulfur dioxide, carbon monoxide and these gases mix with clouds and air and cause acid rains.
- Gases which are released from internal combustion of engines include gases into atmosphere which are poisonous.
Also See: Greenhouse Effect PPT and PDF
Soil pollution is nothing but stripping soil from its natural fertility by availing artificial chemicals like ripening agents, insecticides, and pesticides. Normally, plants are dependent on nitrogenous compound for the purpose of their nutrition which is present in soil. Use of artificial chemicals like ripening agents, insecticides, pesticides absorbs the nitrogen which is present in soil and makes that soil unfit for plant’s growth. Plants hold soil very firmly and when there is no growth of plants then it results in splitting of soil and at last causes to soil erosion.
Thermal pollution is the increase in temperature because of high amount of release of heat energy by unnatural methods or techniques and natural disasters. The heat energy released by manufacturing industries is transferred to water bodies and air. Outcome of thermal pollution is rise in temperature and this is an important cause for melting of polar ice caps.
Radioactive pollution happens when radioactive metals release harmful beta rays. These beta rays have the ability to cause mutative diseases and cancer. This type of pollution happens because of following reasons:
- Damage to nuclear reactors which results in radioactive contamination
- Dumping of radioactive waste into water bodies which are produced from nuclear plants
We have distinct qualities of sound and the sounds which are unpleasant to hear are known as noises. Thus, more noise in outdoors results to noise pollution. This kind of pollution has more physiological effects than physical effects. Noise pollution is caused because of the reasons mentioned below:
- Many vehicles honking at roads
- Overpopulated crowds
- If a heavy machinery is operated in an open area
Very bright lighting in big cities, functions and much more causes pollution called as light pollution. Bright lighting on retina not only causes discomfort to eyes but also results in straining of eyes and migraine.
Content of the PPT and PDF for Types of Pollution
- Definition of Pollution
- Types of Pollution
- Air Pollution
- Water Pollution
- Noise Pollution
- Land Pollution
- Radio Active Pollution
Here we are giving you Types of Pollution PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Types of Pollution PPT with PDF. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.https://studymafia.org/types-of-pollution-ppt-powerpoint-presentation-pdf/UncategorizedTypes of Pollution PPT | PowerPoint Presentation | PDF: Distinct types of pollution are classified depending on the affected part of an environment. Each and every type of pollution has its own consequences and its own causes. Study of pollution aids in understanding basics of pollution and also helps...Sumit ThakurSumit Thakursumitsssrt@gmail.comAdministratorI am an Indian Blogger. I am passionate about blogging. If you want to ask me anything about blogging then feel free to ask 🙂StudyMafia