Satellite Communication Seminar PPT with pdf report
Satellite Communication Seminar and PPT with PDF Report: The outer space has every time enchanted people on the earth and the exchange of information through space developed as an offshoot of suggestions for the space travel. The ancient suggestion of availing artificial satellites for the purpose of exchanging information was found in a science fiction called Brick Moon which was published by the Evert Hale in the year of 1869-70.
In the field of satellite communications, the applied science has been suitable to the implausible dreams and it is also expected that the new inventions of technology will lead the development of satellite communications towards the vision of the present day. You can get Satellite Communication Seminar PPT with PDF Report and that is free for download.
Also See: 8085 microprocessor PPT and PDF Report
Satellite Communication Seminar PPT with PDF Report
History of the satellite communication:
The Merriam-Webster dictionary explains satellite as a heavenly body orbiting other heavenly or celestial bodies of larger size or it is a vehicle intended to earth or it is a vehicle intended to orbit the moon. The present day satellite communication can trace their starting point sources or causes all the way back to the month of February and in the year of 1945, the foremost artificial satellite used alone to the further developments in the global communications was a balloon by the name ECHO1 and it was launched by the NASA.
The suggestions or the idea behind a satellite used for the communication is simple and i.e. initially we need to transmit the information into the space and beam it back to the ground to another spot on the earth. The foremost American satellite to relay the exchange of information was the project SCORE in the year of 1958and this used a tape recorder to save and send the voice messages. The initial communication satellite was the sputnik1 and it launched by the Soviet Union on October 4 and in the year of 1957.
The Telstar was the second satellite used for the relay communications and it was launched by the NASA in the month of July and in the year of 1962, the Telstar was launched from the Cape Canaveral. The foremost satellite to broadcast across the pacific area satellite by name Relay1 and it was launched on December 13 and in the year of 1962. Another satellite by name Syncom2 was launched in the year of 1963.
Types of Satellite Orbits:
There are four unique types of orbits employed by the recent satellites and they are as below:
- Geostationary orbit (GEO)
- Low earth orbit (LEO)
- Medium earth orbit (MEO)
- Molniya orbit
- Geostationary orbit: If an observer on the earth observes the satellite in the geostationary orbit then the satellite looks stable because the satellite revolves around the earth. The geostationary satellite is useful in exchanging the information because the antenna on the ground can be intended at the satellite without tracking the motion of the satellite. The foremost geostationary satellite was the Syncom3 and it was launched on 19th of August and in the year of 1964.
- Low earth orbit: A low earth orbit is a type of a circular orbit about 200 meters above the surface of the earth and it corresponds a time period of about 90 minutes to revolve around the earth. The satellites orbiting in the low earth orbit are less expensive to launch when compared with the satellites in the geostationary orbit. The Iridium and Globalstar are the twp satellite constellations the aimed to furnish satellite phone services to the remote areas.
- Medium earth orbit: The satellites of medium earth orbit lies between 8000 km to 18000 km above the surface of the earth. The satellites of medium earth orbit work in a similar manner like the satellites of low earth orbit.
- Molniya satellites: The geostationary satellites should function above the equator and receivers at the horizon gets the low signal as it is far away from the equator. So, to solve this problem the molniya orbit satellites are launched.
Services Provided by the Satellites:
The services furnished by the satellites are as follows:
- In the field of communication like T.V., transfer of information like mail is done via satellites.
- The satellites furnish the service of whether survey and also used in the military applications.
- The other services provided by the satellites are as follows:
- Meteorological satellite service
- Fixed satellite service
- Broadcast satellite service
- Navigational satellite service
- Mobile satellite service
The advantages of the satellite communications are as follows:
- It has high channel capacity along with low error rates.
- It has the stable cost environment and covers a wide area.
The disadvantages of the satellite communication are as follows:
- The launching of the satellite is very expensive.
- It requires expensive ground stations.
- It has limited frequency spectrum and orbital space.
- It requires constant monitoring from the ground.
Content of the Seminar and pdf report for Satellites Communications
- How Satellites are used
- How Satellites Work
- Satellites Orbits
- LEOs – Low earth orbit
- MEOs – Medium earth orbit
- GEOs – Geostationary earth orbit
- Satellite Communications Needs
- Major problems for satellites
- Advantages of Satellite
- Disadvantages of Satellite
Here we are giving you Satellite Communication Seminar and PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Satellite Communication Seminar and PPT with pdf report. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.