Smart Card Seminar PPT with pdf report
Smart Card Seminar and PPT with pdf report: The smart card is a regular credit card sized card with the microchip integrated on it and the smart card is made up of plastic and the integrated chip in it is capable of saving the information and also it carries the information between the users. The data of the card can be transferred through a reader which is a component of a computer system.
Smart Card Seminar PPT with pdf report
The smart card increases the security and at present, they are in avail in many fields like healthcare i.e. hospitals, banking, and entertainment etc. Up to many levels, the users of smart card and the application fields of smart card get advantage from the features of smart card that it furnish and an example of it is the security parameters. Some of the applications of the smart card applied science are the credit card, debit card, and identification cards and also the loyalty cards. Now, because of the bringing of the high-level cards like java card as the SIM card, even the mobile phone will have the feature of payment applications.
The smart card gives more protection than the other kind of data storing devices and smart card furnishes better solutions and increases the protecting feature of the system. The smart card is the modern innovation to the world of information applied science, the memory cards are just capable of saving the information and plays the role of a tiny floppy disk but the microprocessor has the additional features like adding the data, deleting the data and manipulating the data in the memory that is present in the card.
History of the Smart Card:
In the year of 1968, two Germans namely Jurgen Dethloff and Helmet Grotrupp made the plastic to be the carrier of microchips. In the year of 1970, Dr. Kunitaka Arimura from Japan filed the foremost and exclusive patent on the concept of a smart card. In the year of 1974, Roland Moreno filed the genuine patent on the smart card. In the year of 1977, the three commercial people namely Bull, Schlumberger, and SGS Thomson started advancing the IC card.
In the year of 1979, Motorola advanced the foremost chip microcontroller for the purpose of French banking. In the year of 1982, the foremost IC card testing was done and in the year of 1992, a project began in Denmark on the nationwide prepaid card. In the year of 1999, the Federal government started the smart card identification for the federal employees.
Classification of the Smart Card:
The smart cards are classified into two categories and they are as follows:
- Contact Vs contactless
- Memory Vs microprocessor
- Contact Vs contactless: The smart card has the integrated microprocessors and requires energy to work, along with it the smart cards have some techniques to exchange the information, receiving the information and transmitting the information. Few smart cards consist of the golden plates and contact pads at the corner of the card, this category of the smart cards are known as the contact smart cards. The plates present at the corner of the card supply the required amount of energy and for exchanging the information through direct electrical contact with the help of a reader. The contact pad will not be present on few smart cards and in such cards, the connection between a reader and the card will be created through radio frequency.
The contactless cards do not need a reader and they have the serial interface and an antenna will be present which is used to connect the card.
- Memory Vs microprocessor: The usual and the affordable smart cards are the memory cards and they have the non-volatile memory and the electrically erasable programmable read only memory i.e. EEPROM. As it is a non-volatile memory, if we displace the card from the reader or have issues with the power like power cut then the card saves the information.
The microprocessor cards are similar to the computers and they contain the RAM, ROM, and EPROM with the 8-bit microprocessor or the 16-bit microprocessor.
The Relation Between SIM Card and the Smart Card:
The abbreviation of the Subscriber identification module i.e. SIM is a smart card that is used for the mobile phones to identify each mobile machine with the other. The mobile network furnisher furnishes this card and it will have a special key and in the simple words, the SIM card is a smart card’s application that put into active the specification of GSM.
The applications of the smart card are as follows:
- Payment system
- Communication applications
- Retail and loyalty
- Smart networking
- National ID or Authentication
- University identification
- Financial applications
The advantages of the smart card are as follows:
- It increases the capacity of storing the information.
The disadvantages of the smart card are as follows:
- It can be easily stolen.
- It needs to avail the similar reader technology.
- It is very costly.
Content of the Seminar and pdf report for Smart Card
- What is a Smart Card?
- Construction of Smart Cards
- Examples of Smart Cards
- Types of Smart Cards
- Parts of Smart Cards
Here we are giving you Smart Card Seminar and PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Smart Card Seminar and PPT with pdf report. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.https://studymafia.org/smart-card-seminar-ppt-with-pdf-report/Smart Card Seminar PPT with pdf report ECE SeminarsSmart Card Seminar and PPT with pdf report: The smart card is a regular credit card sized card with the microchip integrated on it and the smart card is made up of plastic and the integrated chip in it is capable of saving the information and also it carries...Sumit ThakurSumit Thakursumitsssrt@gmail.comAdministratorI am an Indian Blogger. I am passionate about blogging. If you want to ask me anything about blogging then feel free to ask 🙂Study Mafia: Latest Seminars Topics PPT with PDF Report 2021