Organic Farming PPT and PDF Download
Organic Farming PPT and PDF Download: Organic farming works in peace and friendship with nature rather than going against nature and this organic farming involves the use of distinct methods to achieve the best yields of a crop. In this, the good yield of the crop is produced by harming the health of the people who live and work in those farms and also it does not harm the natural environment.
Also See: General Topics For Presentation (Ppt)
Organic Farming PPT and PDF Download
The techniques and materials used in the organic farms by the organic farmers are explained below:
The following techniques and materials are availed to build and keep the good fertility and good soil structure:
- Crop rotation
- Green manures and legumes
- Mulching on the soil surface
- Recycled and composted crop wastes and animal manures
- The perfect and right soil cultivation at the right time
The below techniques and materials are used to control the pests, weeds, and diseases:
- Availing natural pesticides
- Enhancing genetic diversity
- Encouraging useful predators which eat pests
- Crop rotation
- The avail of resistant crops
- Practice of good cultivation
- Careful planning and choosing the crops carefully
Also See: Non Technical Topics with PPT and PDF
The practices of organic farming also involve the following:
- Good animal husbandry
- Careful use of water resources
A Modern Approach to Farming: Practicing the organic farming does not mean that we are going back and using the old and traditional methods because there many old techniques of farming which is still used today. Organic farming takes the best techniques and combines those with the new scientific methods. Farmers who practice the organic farming does not leave their farms totally upon nature, instead, they avail the complete knowledge, methods, and materials to work with nature. By doing like this, the farmers maintain a balance to grow animals and crops. Organic farmers don’t see every insect as a pest and they don’t solve every problem of a farm with the chemical farms.
Why Organic Farming?
The organic farming does not furnish long-term benefits to the environment and also to the people because organic farming aims the following:
- Enhance the long term soil fertility
- Control the diseases and pests by not harming the environment
- Make sure that the water is clean and safe
- Avail the resources which the farmer already has which becomes affordable to the farmer to buy the necessary things of the farm
- Generate nutritious to feed for animals and also sell the high-quality crops at the good price
The intensive and modern agriculture causes many difficulties and they are the following:
- Herbicides and artificial fertilizers are easily washed away from the soil and they pollute water courses, lakes, and rivers
- The extended use of artificial fertilizers outcomes in the soils with a low organic matter content which can be easily destroyed by wind and rain
- Depending on the fertilizers and this dependency requires large amount of fertilizers to generate the same yields of crops
- Artificial pesticides stay in the soil for a prolonged time and from the soil, they enter the crops and through the crops, they enter the human body and causes distinct health related difficulties.
- They destroy the micro organisms of the soil
- It becomes very difficult to control the diseases and pests because they become resistant to the artificial pesticides
Also See: Sources of Water PPT
Crop nutrition: To generate a healthy crop, an organic farmer needs to manage the soil in the farm. The maintenance of the soil involves the following considerations:
- Soil life
- Soil nutrients
- Soil structure
Choice of crops: Each crop and variety of the crop have its own specific requirements. In few places, the crop grows well and in few places, it does not grow well because the crops are affected by the following:
- The amount of water required
- The type of nutrients required
- A number of nutrients required
- Soil type and
So, it is necessary to learn about the local conditions suited in growing the crops and need to select the crop according to that.
Rotations: Growing the same type of crops in the same field year after year decreases the fertility of the soil and encourages the building up of pests, weeds, and diseases in the soil. So, the crops should be moved to a distinct area of land and should not return to the original land for many years. For example, a rotation of 3 to 4 year is recommended for the vegetables.
Fig1: A simple Rotation which includes a legume
Composting: The composting is an organic matter i.e. plant residues and animal residues, it has been rotted down by the other organisms and bacteria for a period of time.
Fig2: The Layers of a Compost Heap
Mulching: Mulching is nothing but the covering of the ground with the layer of loose material like leaves or crop residues dry grass, straw, manure, and compost.
Green manures: The green manures are called as cover crops and these are the plants which are grown to enhance the nutrient content, organic matter content, and structure of the soil.
Content of the Seminar and PDF for Organic Farming
- What is Organic Farming?
- Key characteristics
- Four Principle
Here we are giving you Organic Farming Seminar and PPT with PDF. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Organic Farming Seminar and PPT with PDF. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.https://studymafia.org/organic-farming-ppt-and-pdf-download/UncategorizedOrganic Farming PPT and PDF Download: Organic farming works in peace and friendship with nature rather than going against nature and this organic farming involves the use of distinct methods to achieve the best yields of a crop. In this, the good yield of the crop is produced by...Sumit ThakurSumit Thakursumitsssrt@gmail.comAdministratorI am an Indian Blogger. I am passionate about blogging. If you want to ask me anything about blogging then feel free to ask 🙂StudyMafia