Johari Window PPT and PDF Free To Download
Johari Window PPT and PDF Free To Download:“JOHARI window”, the name itself sounds like a complex tool. Joseph Luft, Harrington Ingham gave a memorable name to their name by combining their initial names Joe and Harry. It was initially availed in 1955 and since then it became a majorly availed model for training and understanding in distinct activities of self-awareness like:
- Personal development
- Interpersonal relationships
- Group dynamics
- Intergroup relationships
- Team development
Johari Window PPT and PDF Free To Download
A very useful format is furnished by JOHARI window representing information of group or personal information like:
The above-mentioned format is from four perspectives which are explained in below table:
|Known to self||Not known to self|
|Known to others||Open area / free area||A blind area|
|Not known to others||Hidden area||An unknown area|
Table1: Four Perspectives of JOHARI Window
In above table, self-refers to oneself while others refer to other people i.e. people in a group or in a team. This is excellent equipment for comparison of self-perception and public perception. Now, let us discuss the four quadrants in detail.
- Open area / free area: This open area / free area quadrant is also called an area of free activity. It tells about behavioral information and emotional data of a person and other persons. Few examples of such type of data are:
- Competence at work
- Leadership effectiveness
- Trust levels
- Communication style
Working groups and teams should have goals for advancement and expansion of free area for every person. It is because, when this area is expanded and developed people become most effective and productive. This area reduces mistrust and distortions by furnishing opportunities on topics which are openly acknowledged. Personal boundaries have to be respected in this which helps in forming healthy groups.
- Blind area: Area which holds the keys to personal progress and also to the progress of team is none other than blind area. Areas of advancement and strengths are shared in quadrant of blind area, because of this recipient can make better decisions. Blind spots which are recognized in this quadrant range from attitudinal issues to technical competence. Information or data shared in this quadrant should aid recipient to become an effective employee and also a better person. When data or information is shared from this quadrant then it automatically expands the other quadrant i.e. free area / open area quadrant.
- Hidden area: Hidden area is a quadrant that have personal data and which people do not want others to have access to that information. People keep the data hidden because they may be personally sensitive and do not want to share it openly or freely; an employee keeps the data hidden because he/she does not feel safe to share it with others. So, exposing data or information in above two cases can have negative outputs. If climate of organization is trustworthy and safe enough to share then they can share it as it aids both team and individual.
- Unknown area: Unknown area is a quadrant where greatest strength of people resides. In unconscious mind, there will so much under surface and people are complex too. Previously unnoticed inner life gets clues because of this quadrant. When these clues come out then we have to enter them in our Window and their potential meanings can be explored by us.
Terminology of JOHARI window:
The terminologies used in JOHARI window are ‘self and ‘others’.
- Self: It refers to oneself, who is subject to analysis of JOHARI window.
- Others: It refers to other people in a group or in a team.
Model of JOHARI window for a new team member:
- A region of open area / free area will small because other people know very little about a new person in a team.
- In the same way, blind area is also small as team members know little about new person.
- A Hidden area will be large.
- An unknown area will be largest because the person will have lack of self-knowledge and self-belief.
Model of JOHARI window for an established team member:
- A region of open area will be large as others know more about the person.
- Disclosures and feedbacks expand open area and decrease the size of other regions. Other regions are blind area, hidden region, an unknown area.
Content of the Seminar and PDF for Johari Window
- Formation of Name
- Influence of Model
- Use of Johari Window
- What model represents
- Areas of Model
- Drawbacks of Model
Here we are giving you Johari Window Seminar and PPT with PDF. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Johari Window Seminar and PPT with PDF. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.https://studymafia.org/johari-window-ppt-and-pdf-free-to-download/Johari Window PPT and PDF Free To DownloadUncategorizedJohari Window PPT and PDF Free To Download:“JOHARI window”, the name itself sounds like a complex tool. Joseph Luft, Harrington Ingham gave a memorable name to their name by combining their initial names Joe and Harry. It was initially availed in 1955 and since then it became a majorly...Sumit ThakurSumit Thakursumitsssrt@gmail.comAdministratorI am an Indian Blogger. I am passionate about blogging. If you want to ask me anything about blogging then feel free to ask 🙂Study Mafia: Latest Seminars Topics PPT with PDF Report 2021