Igneous Rocks PPT | Presentation | PDF
Igneous Rocks PPT | Presentation | PDF: There are 3 nice classes of rocks, igneous, sedimentary and metamorphic, and most of the time, they are easy to inform apart. They’re all connected to the endless rock cycle, moving from one type to a different and dynamic form, texture and even chemical composition of the method. Igneous rocks type from the cooling of magma or volcanic rock and compose a lot of the Earth’s continental crust and nearly all of the oceanic crust. Igneous rocks are formed from the solidifying of liquid rock material.
Also See: Energy Audit Seminar PPT and PDF Report
Igneous Rocks PPT | Presentation | PDF
There are 2 basic varieties.
Fig1: Varieties of Igneous Rocks
- Intrusive igneous rocks crystallize below the surface, and also the slow cooling that happens there permits massive crystals to make. Samples of intrusive igneous rocks are igneous rock, gabbro, granite, pegmatite, and peridotite.
- Extrusive igneous rocks erupt onto the surface, wherever they cool quickly to make little crystals. Some cool thus quickly that they type an amorphous glass. These rocks embody andesite, basalt, obsidian, pumice, rhyolite, scoria, and tuff.
When it involves the composition of the planet, three main styles of rock inherit play. These are referred to as a metamorphic rock, sedimentary rock, and igneous rock, respectively. Additionally referred to as “fire rock” (derived from the Latin “ignus”), these form of rock are the foremost common form of rock within the Earth’s surface. In fact, combined with metaphorical rock, rock makes up ninety to ninety-fifth of all rock to a depth of sixteen kilometer from the surface.
Igneous rocks also are vital as a result of their mineral and chemical makeup is often used to find out about the composition, temperature, and pressure that exist inside the Earth’s mantle. They will conjointly tell us a lot of regarding the tectonic atmosphere, on condition that they’re closely joined to the convection of tectonic plates. But just, however, are these rocks formed?
In essence, igneous rocks are shaped through the cooling and hardening of magma (or lava). As hot, liquefied rock rises to the surface, it undergoes changes in temperature and pressure that cause it to chill, solidify, and crystallize. All told, there are over 700 well-known styles of igneous rock, the bulk of that are shaped below the surface of the Earth’s crust. However, some also are shaped on the surface as a result of volcanic activity. Those that match into the previous category are called intrusive (or plutonic) rocks, whereas people who match into the latter are called extrusive (or volcanic) rock. Additionally to those, there’s conjointly hypabyssal (or subvolcanic rock), a less common style of rock that’s shaped inside the planet between eruptive and volcanic rocks.
Facts of Igneous Rocks:
The facts of igneous racks are mentioned below:
- Igneous rock is created once magma cools and solidifies; it should do this on top of or below the Earth’s surface.
- Magma is often forced into rocks, blown go in volcanic explosions or forced to the surface as volcanic rock.
- The atoms and molecules of melted minerals are what form up a rock.
- These atoms and molecule set up themselves into mineral grains because the rock cools, forming rock because the mineral grains conjoin.
- There are over 700 different types of igneous rocks.
- Examples of igneous rocks embody volcanic rock, granite, pumice, obsidian, tuff, diorite, gabbro, and andesite.
- Basalt forms the metamorphic rock granulite once subjected to extreme heat and pressure over time (metamorphism).
- Granite may be a common rock that contains a minimum of 25th quartz and is typically utilized in construction as a result of its strength.
Content of the Seminar and PDF Report for Igneous Rocks
- 3 Ways Magma Can Form
- Classification of igneous rocks
Here we are giving you Igneous Rocks Seminar and PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Igneous Rocks Seminar and PPT with pdf report. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.