Global Warming PPT Presentation and PDF Free To Download
Global Warming PPT Presentation and PDF Free To Download: A greenhouse or a farmhouse is a very big enclosure for the plants on a farm to save them from an extremely cold temperature in winter. The greenhouse is covered with a kind of plastic walls which permits all radiations from the sun.
The troposphere has a thick layer of carbon dioxide and this layer of carbon dioxide serves as a roof of the greenhouse described above. The layer of carbon dioxide allows the rays of the sun. Consequently, the temperature of the earth increases due to the infrared radiations falling on it. This phenomenon is called global warming.
Also See: Greenhouse Effect PPT and PDF
Global Warming PPT Presentation and PDF Free To Download
Distinct greenhouse gasses do not contribute equally to global warming. The relative contribution of distinct gasses to global warming is explained in the below diagram:
Fig1: Relative Contribution of Distinct Gasses to Global Warming
The enhancing concentration of greenhouse gasses in the atmosphere has three possible effects and they are as follows:
- Carbon dioxide fertilization effect on plants
- Global warming
- Depletion of ozone layer in the stratosphere
Now, let us see in detail about global warming. Global warming occurs due to the increase in the gasses of a greenhouse. Global warming is increasing faster when compared with the calculations of climatologists. Not only the temperature but also the amount of rainfall will be disturbed due to it. India may have heavy fluctuations in rainfall which results in droughts and floods. Few effects of global warming are as described below:
- Effects on weather and climate
- Rise in sea level
- Effect on range of species distribution
- Food production
- Effects on weather climate: In the 20th century, the global mean temperature has enhanced by. The rise in temperature will be more in the regions of higher latitudes and middle latitudes. The atmosphere’s capacity to carry the moisture will also increase due to atmosphere’s warming. The troposphere layer will warm up and the stratosphere will cool down. This activity will cause a wide-spread transformation in the patterns of precipitation due to the transformed pattern of air mass movements. The precipitation will enhance at higher latitudes but will lower at the region lower latitudes. The extreme floods and droughts frequency will be enhanced. Due to the enhancement in disease vectors and waterborne pathogens, the human diseases will be increased in the tropical and subtropical countries.
- Rise in sea level: Global warming also contributes to the increase in sea level which is due to the melting of glaciers, thermal expansion of oceans and seas, and also because of the ice sheets of Greenland. The sea level has been increasing by 1 to 2 mm per year at the time of 20th The rise in sea level even for half a meter affects the humankind because one-third of the human population lives within 60km area of a coastline. Most of the world’s vital cities and coastal regions will be affected by storms and floods. There is a possibility of submerging the low-lying islands. So, the rise or increase in sea level has a negative impact on the settlement of humans, agriculture, fisheries, coastal ecosystems, and water supplies.
- Effect on a range of species distribution: Every plant species and animal species occurs within a particular range of temperature. Global warming is shifting the ranges of temperature and this will disturb the altitudinal distribution pattern and latitudinal distribution pattern of various organisms. The quick rise or increase in temperature may lead to the death of trees on a large scale because the trees are sensitive to temperature stress. Because of global warming, many species may disappear.
- Food production: Global warming will decrease the production of crops as it increases the basal rate of respiration of plants, plant diseases, and pests, and also the explosive growth of weeds. There is an estimation that, for every rise in temperature there will be a reduction of 5% in the yield of rice crops in South East Asia. Food production will affect due to global warming than any other effects of greenhouse gasses.
Also See: Air Pollution PPT and PDF
- The production of carbon dioxide should be decreased by decreasing the use of fossil fuels.
- We should grow green plants wherever possible.
- We have to decrease the use of vehicles which runs on fuels.
- We should educate people about the evil and hazardous consequences of global warming.
- By reducing the emission of nitrous oxide and this can be done by reducing the avail of nitrogen fertilizers in agriculture.
- The substitutes for chlorofluorocarbons should be developed.
- We should enhance the vegetation cover.
By the next ten years, Earth will become four degrees than it is at present. Himalayan glaciers are melting at a rapid rate, so all of us should lend our hand to fight against global warming. For this we have to plant more trees, should not waste water, should not use plastic, and should not burn plastic.
Content of the PPT and PDF for Global Warming Presentation
- What is Global Warming?
- How Global Warming Works.
- Example of the Greenhouse Effect.
- Difference between “global warming” and “climate change.
- Effects of Global Warming.
- Why is global warming happening?
- How is Global Warming measured?
- When did Global Warming start?
- What can you do to help solve the problem?
Here we are giving you Global Warming PPT Presentation with PDF. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Global Warming PPT with PDF. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit the comment button.