Server Virtualization PPT | PowerPoint Presentation | PDF
Server Virtualization PPT | PowerPoint Presentation | PDF: Virtualization implies that applications will use a resource with none concern for wherever it resides, what the technical interface is, however it’s been enforced, platform it uses, and the way a lot of it’s on the market.
Also See: Computer Peripheral PPT and PDF Report
Server Virtualization PPT | PowerPoint Presentation | PDF
Five Reasons to Virtualize:
- Sharing: hack an oversized resource giant capability or high-speed E.g., Servers
- Isolation: Protection from different tenants E.g., Virtual non-public Network
- Aggregating: mix several resources into 1, e.g., storage
- Dynamics: quick allocation, Change/Mobility, load leveling, e.g., virtual machines
- Ease of Management: Easy distribution, deployment, testing
Advantages of Virtualization:
- Minimize hardware prices because we can have multiple virtual servers on a single physical hardware
- simply move VMs to different information centers
- offer disaster recovery
- Hardware Maintenance
- Follow the sun (active users) or follow the moon (cheap power)
- Consolidate idle workloads. Usage is burst and asynchronous. Increase device utilization
- Conserve power and Free up unused physical resources
- Easier automation (Lower OpEx) Simplified provisioning/administration of hardware and software
- Scalability and Flexibility: Multiple operating systems
Benefits of Server Virtualization:
Below mentioned are few major benefits of server virtualization:
- Save energy and go green
- Decrease the data center footprint
- QA/lab environments
- Rapid server provisioning
- Decrease hardware vendor lock-in
- Enhances uptime
- Enhance disaster recovery
- Isolate applications
- Increase the life of older applications
- Aids in moving the things to cloud
Disadvantages of server virtualization:
Below mentioned are disadvantages of server virtualization:
- Magnified physical failures
- Modern skills
- Degraded performance
- Complex root cause analysis
- Modern management tools
- Virtual machine sprawl
- Virtual habits
Types of server virtualization:
There are 3 ways to make virtual servers: full virtualization, Para-virtualization, and OS-level virtualization. They need very little in common. The physical server is named as host. Virtual servers are known as a guest. Virtual servers behave within the same means as physical machines. In every system, it uses its own resources in contrast to the other approach to resource allocation of a physical server in accordance with the necessities of virtual servers.
- Full virtualization availing special software system is named a hypervisor. The hypervisor interacts directly with the physical server’s hardware and disc space. It is a platform for operational systems, virtual servers. The hypervisor provides complete independence and autonomy of every virtual server to different virtual servers running on an identical physical machine. Every guest server has its own software package – might even happen that, one guest server running on UNIX, and therefore the different on Windows.
- Hypervisor monitors the physical server resources. Within the method of application of virtual servers, hypervisor distributes physical machine resources between the virtual servers. For the hyper visor, it would like processing, which implies that a part of the computing power of a physical server and connected resources ought to be reserved for the hyper visor program. This could have a negative impact on overall server performance and weigh down your application.
- With Para-virtualization, it uses a rather totally different approach. In contrast to the complete virtualization, servers, guest systems with Para-virtualization will feel the presence of every different. Para-virtualization hypervisor is to manage guest operating systems that don’t need giant procedure resources since each software package receives info concerning the wants of different operating systems hosted on an identical physical server. The total system is functioning as an entire.
- The method, that uses virtualization at the OS level, usually doesn’t embrace the employment of a hypervisor. Instead, the virtualization capabilities are a part of the hosting software package that performs all the functions of the hypervisor with full virtualization. The most important limitation of this approach is that each one guest servers should run on an identical software package. Every virtual server remains freelance of all others; however, it cannot use these servers, totally different operating systems and harmonize them. Since the entire guest software package ought to be identical, such associate degree setting is named solid.
Levels of virtualization:
Levels of virtualization are discussed in the diagram:
Fig1: Levels of Virtualization
Working of Server Virtualization:
- Server systems are the machines that host files and applications on pc networks — got to be compelled to be powerful. Some have central technique units (CPUs) with multiple processors that give these servers the ability to run advanced tasks with ease. Network directors typically dedicate every server to a specific application or task. Several of those tasks do not play well with others — every wants its own dedicated machine. One application per server along makes it easier to track down issues as they arise. It’s a simple path contour Associate in a nursing network from a technical posture.
- There are several of issues with this approach, though. One is that it does not have a sensitive issue concerning trendy server computers’ technique power. Most servers use entirely a tiny low fraction of their overall technique capabilities. Another drawback is that as Associate in the nursing network gets larger and further advanced, the servers begin to wish up millions of physical house. Associate in nursing knowledge center could become overcrowded with racks of server’s intense millions of power and generating heat.
- By victimization specially designed package, Associate in nursing administrator will convert one physical server into multiple virtual machines. Every virtual server acts kind of a specific physical device, capable of running its own package (OS). In theory, you will manufacture enough virtual servers to use all of a machine’s technique power, although in follow that is not forever the most effective prepare.
- Virtualization is not a replacement thought. Computer scientists are making virtual machines on supercomputers for many years. However, it’s entirely been a couple of years since virtualization has become potential for servers. Among the world of knowledge technology (IT), server virtualization could be a hot topic. It’s still a young technology totally different and other companies provide whole completely different approaches.
Content of the Seminar and PDF Report for Server Virtualization
- Server Virtualization Software
- Server Virtualization Hardware
- Determining Server Hardware
- Hyper-V Demo
Here we are giving you Server Virtualization Seminar and PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Server Virtualization Seminar and PPT with PDF Report. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.https://studymafia.org/server-virtualization-ppt-powerpoint-presentation-pdf/CSE SeminarsServer Virtualization PPT | PowerPoint Presentation | PDF: Virtualization implies that applications will use a resource with none concern for wherever it resides, what the technical interface is, however it's been enforced, platform it uses, and the way a lot of it's on the market. Also See: Computer Peripheral PPT...Sumit ThakurSumit Thakursumitsssrt@gmail.comAdministratorI am an Indian Blogger. I am passionate about blogging. If you want to ask me anything about blogging then feel free to ask 🙂Study Mafia: Latest Seminars Topics PPT with PDF Report 2021