Light Tree Seminar Report with PPT and PDF
Light Tree Seminar and PPT with PDF Report: Nowadays there is a normal unanimity that in the coming days the wide area network (WAN) will be based on the wavelength division multiplexing (WDM) optical networks. There are many important advantages of the wavelength division multiplexed wide area network over the other optical applied sciences like time division multiplexed (TDM). Here we are providing Light Tree Seminar and PPT with pdf report.
Light Tree Seminar Report with PPT and PDF
The concept of a light tree was introduced in a wavelength-routed optical network that uses the wave division multiplexing, depending on the beneath physical topology, networks can be divided into three generations and they are as below:
- First generation
- Second generation
- Third generation
- First generation: The first generation networks do not use the fiber optic applied science and instead of that they use the copper-based technology or the microwave technology. The example of first generation network is the Ethernet.
- Second generation: The second generation networks employ the optical fibers for the transmission of the information but the switching operation is performed in the electronic field. The example of the second generation network is the FDDI.
- Third generation: The third generation networks employ both the data transmission and switching in the optical field. The example of the third generation network is the WDM.
A light path is an optical path or optical channel and they are employed to carry circuit switched traffic and also it may encompass the multiple fiber links. If the wavelength converters are not present then a light path will occupy the similar wavelength continuity compulsion. Lightpath can assign a particular wavelength to the fiber link. The light path can make the logical neighbors or virtual neighbors out of their nodes and the nodes may be physically very far from each other. The vital objective of the light path communication is to decrease the number of hops that a packet traverses. The light path communication uses an equal number of transmitters and receivers because each path works on a point-to-point basis.
The light tree is a point to multipoint expansion of light path and wide area networks (WANs) are made to support the point to point exchange of information. In the coming days, the use of multicast applications may increase and this brings the need to furnish multicasting support on wide area networks (WANs). The light tree holds the context of the light path by incorporating the ability of optical multicasting. It also empowers the single-hop exchange of information between a producer node and a set of destination nodes.
Applications of the Light Tree:
The light tree has the applications in the following fields:
- In the teleconferencing
- In the software distribution or file distribution including the file duplication on the mirrored site.
- In distributed games
- Internet news distribution
- Internet television
Advantages of the Light Tree:
The advantages of the light tree are as follows:
- It has the feature of data security.
- It is ease of installation.
- It eliminates the spark hazards.
- It furnishes high bandwidth over long distances.
Disadvantages of the Light Tree:
The disadvantages of the light tree are as follows:
- The light tree’s price is a disadvantage of it.
- It has the features like fragility and opaqueness.
- It needs special skills.
Optical layer of light tree:
Normally, the topologies of a wavelength routing network have the wavelength cross connect (WXS) nodes which are interconnected by the links of fiber. The network furnishes light path between the pairs of networks nodes and the light path is a pipe or channel that carries the information up to many gigabytes per second. The number of supported wavelengths depends on the limitations of the components and transmission, the optical layer furnishes light paths to the higher layers. The other features included in the optical layer are:
- Wavelength reuse
- Virtual topology
- Circuit switching
- Transparency: The transparency is a feature that refers to the truth that light paths can carry information at the different bit rates and at the set of rules.
- Wavelength reuse: At present, the number of wavelengths available is limited but the network can still furnish large capabilities as the wavelengths can be reused.
- Reliability: The reliability feature furnishes a high level of reliability in the network.
- Virtual topology: The virtual topology feature is a graph that has the network nodes.
- Circuit switching: The light paths furnished by the optical layer can set up the circuits and even take down the circuits in the circuit switched networks.
Content of the Seminar and pdf report for Light Tree
- TDM and WDM
- Types of WDM
- Comparisons of CWDM and DWDM
- Light Path & Light Tree
- Architecture of Light Tree
- Unicast, Broadcast & Multicast Traffic
- Combining Unicast & Multicast Traffic
- Advantages and Disadvantages
Here we are giving you Light Tree Seminar and PPT with PDF report. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about free Light Tree Seminar and PPT with PDF Report. You want to say something about it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.