Free PPT and PDF Download for COMPRESSOR
Free PPT and PDF Download for COMPRESSOR: Compressors, fans, and blowers are devices which are designed in such a way that they deliver gas at a pressure which is more than the genuinely existing pressure. The features like a rise in pressure, working pressure, mechanical design and specific speed become the basis for the classification and differentiation.
Free PPT and PDF Download for COMPRESSOR
Initially, compressors are classified into positive displacement and continuous flow. The positive displacement compressors are again classified into two and the continuous type of compressors are also classified into two types. This detailed classification is explained with the aid of below diagram in a hierarchy level. It is as follows:
Fig1: classification of compressors
- Rotary lobe and straight lobe: It doesn’t have any internal compression. The gas travels from intake to discharge through the trapping by two straight mating lobed impellers.
- Reciprocating piston: The reciprocating compressors come under the positive displacement devices where the displacing and compressing element is a piston which will be in a cylinder and contains a reciprocating motion.
- Sliding vane: The sliding vane compressors come under the category of rotary positive displacement compressors. The eccentric is placed within a tube and the slotted cylinder is fitted with vanes of nonmetallic. After this, if the slotted cylinder is turned then the vanes form areas of transforming volume due to sliding of the vanes along the interior walls of the tube.
- Helical lobe compressors: The rotor pockets contain the trapped gas at one end point, the intermeshing rotors compressor it and then the gas discharges from the opposite endpoint. Few helical screw compressors work with fluid and such compressors are known as flooded screw compressors.
- Liquid ring: The liquid ring compressors make use of squirrel cage fan type impeller which places eccentric in a tube. A liquid which is compatible is introduced into a chamber along with gas and they both undergo compression in a chamber. Due to the structure of inner cavity and centrifugal force, the liquid makes an eccentric shape generating the areas of transforming. After the process of recirculated and compression, the liquid has to take apart from the compressed gas.
- Axial compressors: The axial compressors are dynamic devices and in this, the flow of the gas is accelerated in a peripheral direction and also in the axial direction of the rotation of unique shaped blades. Stator blades permit the recovery of velocity to pressure.
- Centrifugal compressors: These centrifugal compressors are dynamic devices and in these compressors, the fast moving rotating impeller makes the gas to accelerate.
Working of an axial compressor:
The working of an axial compressor is explained in a diagrammatic representation and it is as below:
Fig2: working of axial compressor
Applications of compressors:
The applications of the compressors are as follows:
- The difficulties of vapor contaminants process generate the requirement to apply and analyze the distinct type of compressors.
- In the fields of production, the distinct types of equipment like nut runners are powered by availing compressed air.
- The air compressors and gas compressors avails air pressure for measuring instrument.
- The air compressors and gas compressors are used in many industries like electronics, automobiles, steel, chemicals, food processing industry, machinery, pharmaceuticals, construction, civil engineering, glass, pulp and paper, and theme parks.
Advantages of centrifugal compressor over reciprocating device:
The benefits of a centrifugal compressor over reciprocating device are explained below:
- It has low maintenance cost.
- It has low installation cost.
- It has high continuity of service and also dependability.
- It is adaptable to high speed and less maintenance cost drivers.
Advantages of reciprocating compressor over a centrifugal device are as follows:
The advantages of a reciprocating compressor over a centrifugal device are explained below:
- It contains high flexibility in the range of pressure and capacity.
- It has a greater efficiency of the compressor.
- It is less sensitivity to the changes to the composition of gas and density.
Disadvantages of reciprocating compressor:
The disadvantages of a reciprocating compressor are as below:
- Separate heavy foundation
- Pulsating flow
- Vulnerable to dirt and liquid
- Low reliability
- Plot area
- Large volume capacity
- Torsional implications
Here we are giving you Compressor PPT with PDF. All you need to do is just click on the download link and get it.
It was all about Free PPT and PDF Download for COMPRESSOR. If you liked it then please share it or if you want to ask anything then please hit comment button.